Monday, May 19, 2014

Bout of Books 10 Read-a-thon

We'll hello there, the read-a-thon has ended and I am here to update you with my goals and my actual results. I was planning to read three books and possibly two others if I had the chance. I choose the wrong week to try to read as it is nearing the end of the quarter. Let me just say, this was my first time trying to participate in a read-a-thon and I failed miserably. I finished reading one book out of the three I had in my Overdrive app, and I finished reading it today. In other words I didn't finish a book in the given time I needed to finish it. I started reading it before the read-a-thon began, but stopped because I don't really read during the weekends because my house is pretty noisy. Then on Monday I read a bit as well as on Tuesday, but afterwards I stopped reading. Which book did I actually read and try to finish during the Bout of Books read-a-thon? A simple book called The Originals by Cat Patrick. It was a good book and if I had actually tried I would have finished reading it in less than two days, but I didn't. Basically, it's a book of three teenage girls who are clones and who are living as a single person, meaning they each take turns going out during the day so that people think that Lizzie, Betsey, and Ella are all one girl named Elizabeth Violet Best. They end up looking for answers about "the original" girl that they share DNA with and who is dead according to their mother, the mother who was part of the group of scientists who cloned the girls and later took the girls from the lab to keep them safe. The girls are also trying to be normal and live their lives which means falling in love, which gets tricky. The whole story is cute and awesome and is a perfect read about teenagers who actually have problems that others can't relate to.
I hope to be part of another read-a-thon later on, hopefully while I am on vacation (so....soon).
Mabel

No comments:

Post a Comment