Thursday, August 8, 2013

Passing On

My vacations never are relaxing. I wish they were and I wish I could do more things with all this free time, but sometimes things turn out differently. 
I was going to start writing daily with what I had done each day, but things came up and I didn't want to do much. Here is a recap of what happened...

In mid-July my family found out that my uncle had a tumor that he had surgery on after being told by doctors not to touch it. The tumor came back and he had to go through radiation for a large number of days. We were told that he stopped eating and he was very frail so my dad decided to go see him and try to help in any way possible. He left on the 30th of July at 8am, my sister and I took him to the airport around 4am. After coming home and resting for a few hours we went out and did a bunch of errands. That same afternoon one of my closest friends called me because her father had passed away. It was devistating, her father had been in the hospital for a few days, but he always got better so I thought he was going to be okay this time again. I'm not going to share all the details about his death, but it was sudden. My friend's birthday was August 1st and her dad and her were planning out a few party ideas which never actually occurred. This past Monday we occampanied her family to take her father to his final resting place. It's hard to deal with death especially when you have to be strong for someone else and show them that you care and are there for them. Yesterday, my family and I found out through Facebook that my uncle had passed away, my father hasn't called to let us know and I'm sure he is very occupied since all of his brothers and sisters had to travel to get to where my uncle lives. My dad doesn't have a cellphone or anything of that sort so, he only called once letting us know he would be staying for 3 weeks and he would call when he could. So right now all we can do is wait and see what happens next. 
As I said vacations are never planned because something always occurs and I just have to go with it. Hopefully these next few weeks are better and I can actually relax for a few weeks before going back to school and being stressed out all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment