Tuesday, February 24, 2015

A Failed Attempt

Recently, I have been wanting a bit of a change. I don't remember the last time I cut my hair, but it is definitely more than a year since I had any sort of cut or trim. I actually wanted to cut it this past December while I was in Mexico because there is a hairdresser in the town I go to, who once cut my bangs for the first time ever, and I thought she did a great job and she definitely knew what she was doing. Unfortunately time went by so fast that I didn't get to go see her. I also had no idea what I wanted to do to my hair, until now.
I take showers at night and I am one of those rare creatures that plays with their hair at the end of the day instead of at the beginning. I have noticed that when I bring all my hair forward my face shape changes and I love the way my hair looks. I have no idea how to explain that style to a hair dresser so I scoured the internet to find something similar to what I wanted. Basically I want my hair to start from the crown of my head and have it cascade down to the front of my face. In other words, I want tousled hair with bangs that start from very high up, here are a few examples....

I'm a bit skeptical about actually going out and getting a hair cut right now because it feels like an impulsive thing to do and because my hair would probably end up looking like these other hairstyles...

Although pretty on a model, haircuts never seem to turn out how I would like them on me. Her is a quick example, yesterday I decided to make fake bangs out of my hair after finding this video by Larissa Love... 


This is what my hair looks like in the morning after letting it dry while I sleep...


These are pictures of my "bangs" they look okay from the left and front side, but then my right profile gives it away.

After trying to do this to my own hair I again tried to make fake bangs with my sister's hair and it didn't work either. It wasn't much of a failure though because this just reminded me how much of a hassle bangs can be. I remember how some days my bangs would look perfect, but throughout the day they got unmanageable or worse my hair wouldn't cooperate and my bangs just had to be clipped back which just wasn't fun. Also, I have curly hair so I would need a hair straightener at all times in order to keep them in their place.

We shall see, maybe I can get a haircut once I get a job and use this as an incentive to actually find one. What do you think bangs or no bangs? And which picture above would be easier for my hairdresser to understand and follow?

Before I leave you I also wanted to announce that I will start posting on my blog every Tuesday, just so my readers can know when to check back on this blog. I will be doing a few new types of posts, hopefully you enjoy them.

See you back here next week,
mabel (:

No comments:

Post a Comment